The Colombian Consulate is the office that represents that country on foreign soil, and is empowered to issue resident visas (permits to live &work in Colombia). For this, you will need to present several documents to the Colombian Consulate in your jurisdiction. Those listed below as numbers 1 – 5, must also be notarized.
1. College Diploma(s): Notarized copy of original
2. College Transcript – Official school transcript, original
3. Birth certificate – Notarized copy of original, with official raised seal
4. (*) Apostille – Official statehouse affidavit of your documents Health certificate On doctor’s stationery, stating that applicant: – has no infectious or communicable disease, and is not HIV positive – is fit to live in a tropical climate, – does not have diabetes or epilepsy
5. Marriage license (if applicable) – Notarized copy of original
6. Passport picture page – 2 photocopies of the page
7. Spanish language version of work contract
8. Certificate of No-Prior Record.
9. Visa Application Form – (you have received this from your interviewer)
10. 4 color photographs, full-face, passport size